Saturday, February 20, 2010

Firefighter Bailouts



I've watched this close call and wondered about a great many things about firefighting and this one also made me think back on FDNY Lt.McCormack's FDIC presentation because the two could be used together for training. While it is true that there are many unknowns here and I hope that the FD's involved really review this incident thoroughly, Mr.Obvious does rear his head here for several issues.

There are many firefighters on scene at the beginning of this video but where is the vent team and where are they venting? There is great fire involvement of this structure but where are the attack teams operating, I count at least twelve guys with the hands in their pockets out back? Now the bailout, they do help with the ladder but how about a hand down the ladder, my legs are burning up thinking about how long he hangs there with no help. There's a possible rescue and you cannot see much sense of urgency. This guy with the cam on air is a joke in real time.

I hope training and the guts to do what needs doing comes to this department some day. This firefighter is so fortunate to have found a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment